Welcome to WWW Wednesday! This meme is hosted by Taking on a World of Words. Just answer the three questions below and leave a link to your post in the comments for others to look at. No blog? Just leave a comment. Please, take some time to visit the other participants and see what others are reading. So, let’s get to it!
The Three Ws are:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading? I’ve not made a lot of progress this week. I’m still reading S by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst and The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. I’m also reading American Ghost: A Family’s Haunted Past in the Desert Southwest by Hannah Nordhaus and Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter.
What do you think you’ll read next? This has not changed much from last weeks answer. I want to read Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel, On Beauty by Zadie Smith, and My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante. And Geek Love by Katherine Dunn. Her recent death reminded me that I have Geek Love hiding somewhere on a bookshelf waiting for me to find it.
Have you read any of the books listed above? What do you think? Do you have any books you’d recommend? Leave comments and links below.
Surprise! I’ve been nominated for an award. Dezel Marie Ocampo at https://thefuninreadingbooks.wordpress.com nominated me for this lovely honor. I’ve been calling myself an award nominated blog all week and it’s been fabulous. So thank you for tagging me, Dezel Ocampo, you made my week. Please visit her blog to read her lovely posts and book reviews.
The rules of this award are:
- Thank your nominator
- Share the award on your blog
- State 7 things about yourself
- Choose 7 new nominees who have fewer than 300 followers
- Notify them via social media
As per the rules, here are seven things about me:
- I love to read. Not surprisingly my mother fostered that love by reading to me from a very young age.
- I read Gone with the Wind and Roots the summer I turned ten. I felt very accomplished.
- The second thing that attracted me to my husband is that he is a reader, too. He gets it if I’m busy reading.
- I own so many books that the movers complained/whined about it. And it irritated me.
- I don’t organize my bookshelves to look attractive. In other words, I don’t care if my shelves don’t look like the ones on Pinterest or Restoration Hardware.
- I am nervous about blogging. Will anybody read or care about what I’ve posted?
- I’m hoping to get free books to review on my blog. Is that wrong? (If you have an suggestions about how to make this happen, makes sure to comment below!)