3:50 am: Well, I finished my fourth book and I think I’m done for the night. I’ll fill out the final survey and post it here on the update later on today. I had a great time!
1:00 am (hour 20?): It’s the wee, small hours of the morning for me now. It’s harder to keep my attention on what I’m reading.
6pm (hour 12): Just a quick update and mid point survey. I’ve finished two books so far today and am well into my third. I’ve participated in two reading sprints over on Goodreads. I’ve also liked a number of fellow readers over on Twitter too. But the books I’ve read are so good I’ve quite forgotten to participate in most of the mini-challenges. Sigh. But that’s okay because the books are that engrossing and good.
As for the spa activities: I’ve masked my face and eyes. I just finished this past hour slathering my hands in shea butter and covering my hands in cotton gloves t keep the butter off the pages of the book. Next up I’ll slather more shea butter on my feet and cover them with socks.
How is everyone else’s readathon going?
1. What are you reading right now? I’m halfway through Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor
2. How many books have you read so far? 2
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Margaret the First by Danielle Dutton.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Nope. No unscheduled interruptions!
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? No surprises thus far.
1pm (hour 7):
Finished my first book of the day. A fun romance novel by Julie Anne Long, How the Marquess was Won. I will take a short break to get ready for the next stretch of the readathon!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? SLC, UT
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? The flat white I’ll get from Starbucks in the late afternoon!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I love to read and participate in readathons and take pretty pictures of the books I own and read.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I think not stress about participating in each and every mini challenge. If I miss a few reading, it’s all good!
It’s here! One of the best days of the year: Dewey’s Readathon! The readathon starts for me at 6am MDT. To help make the readathon special I like to have themes and this time I’m having a spa day. I’ll be masking my face, my hands and feet at various points throughout the day. As a special treat for myself this morning, I’m having a French continental breakfast: yogurt and freshly baked croissants.
To all my fellow readathoners: Good luck and let’s read!