It’s the end of May and time to report on #SmashYourStacks challenge, hosted by Estella and Melissa, and how I fared in this challenge. I made a small dent in my TBR stack and am pleased with my progress. I did not read or start reading a book that I did not own as of May 1st. I avoided the library so I could focus on #myowndamnbooks! But I did buy one book this month for my Kindle, but it’s a novella that only cost .99 cents, so it really doesn’t count, right. Right?
- Astonish Me by Maggie Shipstead*
- Rooms by Lauren Oliver
- The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan*
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
- American Ghost: A Family’s Haunted Past in the Desert Southwest by Hannah Nordhaus*
- Kindred by Octavia E. Butler*
Started, but not finished before June 1st:
- Graveminder by Melissa Marr*
- The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books #1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie (for my Skype book club)
*indicates Kindle books.
All six of the books I read this month were my own. Yay me! Three are physical copies and five are Kindle editions that have been languishing on my Kindle for years. I have so many open source classics on my Kindle that I forget the novels that I buy and intend that are on it. This challenge helped my find them again.
Did you #SmashYourStacks in May? What did you read in May? Tell me in the comments!